Welcome to the Little Bird Writing Contest submission form! Scroll down and click "SUBMIT" to get started.
The Little Bird Writing Contest is an annual, international contest created by Sarah Selecky exclusively for innovative, emerging short fiction writers.
Please take risks, ruffle some feathers, and write what you really want to read.
Review the submissions details below, or read more about the contest here.
When you're ready, simply follow the instructions below to complete your submission.
1. Keep your story under 2,500 words, please.
2. Your story must be inspired by this year's contest prompt:
Start your story with a balloon that has an unusual message. Use the words “lemon” and “ecstasy” somewhere in the story. End the story with an electrical storm.
3. Stories must be double-spaced and submitted as a .pdf or .doc file.
4. Your story must not have your name on it. Your name only goes on the online submission form.
5. There is a $25 submission fee per story.
6. You may enter as many times as you like.
7. Contest closes at 9pm EDT on June 1st, 2018.
Contest Opening: May 1st, 2018 Contest Deadline: 9pm EDT on June 1st, 2018 Winners of the Little Bird Contest will be announced July, 2018.